Instead of hosting grafana on kubernetes, Can grafana itself has their hosted environment, So we could directly make some API calls and generate dashboards

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    latest-version and ubuntu

• What are you trying to achieve?
    With authorisation trying to create dashboards but currently installed locally to make API calls, will grafana host the same. So, I could just make some API calls directly to the host and perform CRUD operations on users, dashboards, oragnizations etc…

Hi @phaneendharreddy,

Welcome to the :grafana: community support forums !!

I am not sure if I understand your question completely but I get the idea, that you can do like this;

Use Grafana Cloud (either can use the free trial version for testing or the paid one).

Call the APIs from your local machine to the Grafana cloud and monitor your users, dashboard etc.

Let us know if this answer helps you.

Hi @usman.ahmad
Can Grafana itself manage our dashboards, users, orgs etc… with APIs ?
I don’t want to deploy grafana on any hosting service to use APIs. If so, Can you please share me the BASE_URL to authenticate and create dashboards ?

Grafana is an open-source data visualization and monitoring platform that allows you to create, explore, and share dashboards. While Grafana does not provide hosting services, it can be installed on your own hosting infrastructure, such as a server or virtual machine, or on a cloud platform like AWS, GCP, or Azure.

Grafana does provide HTTP API to manage almost every component. But it cannot do all such operations automatically as you need to run such operations yourself or create some scripts (e.g. bash, python) to allow some normal tasks e.g. creating, deleting users etc.

If you do not want to deploy Grafana on your own then the best possible option is to use the Grafana Cloud which is a self-managed service (which is easy to update or rollback with a paid support feature). OR as an alternative can use AWS-managed Grafan (if required for your business).

Thanks @usman.ahmad
Can you please specify the the base URL for the API on Grafana Cloud ?

looking for this too