Hi - I’m testing out grafana as a candidate for a dispatch dashboard where alerts come in and the dispatcher assigns the alert to a support person and then silences the alert.
Currently it seems like the only way to tell if an alert has been silenced is to look at the “Silences” tab on the Alerting page.
Is there any way to view that an alert instance has been silenced on a dashboard using the Alert List panel?
I see this grafana issue tracking the ability to filter out silenced alerts: Alerting: allow filtering silenced alerts in Alert List Panel · Issue #43855 · grafana/grafana · GitHub This would definitely help, but it might be nice to still have the silenced alert on the dashboard, but be able to tell it was already handled.
- What is your Grafana version?
- Are you using Grafana Cloud or self-hosted Grafana?
- Are you using legacy alerting or Unified Alerting?
- was the alert in question migrated from the legacy platform into Unified Alerting, or did you first create it inside the new platform?
created inside the new platform
- Please list ALL configuration options related to alerting. You can find these in the
Unified Alertingsections of Grafana’s config file. If you are now using or have previously used the beta version of
ngalert(released with Grafana 8), please note that too.
- you can use to better understand how configuration options can interact with each other
- If this is a templating issue on Unified Alerting, check if your alert is using a multi-dimensional rule or not.
- List the datasource associated with the alert
currently using Prometheus and MSSQL
- Increase the verbosity of the Grafana server logs to
debugand note any errors. For printing to console, [set the console logs to
- Search for open issues on GitHub that sound similar to your problem