How can I customize the application HTML template, or add a piece of Javascript to every page?

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?

The latest grafana-oss Docker image v11.0.1 on Linux.

• What are you trying to achieve?

When the current URL has auth_token in the query string (which happens when I’m embedding the dashboard in an iframe) I want to hide the topbar and the sidebar.

No, kiosk mode is not appropriate, because it hides the template variables (which I don’t want to hide) and because it can be closed by pressing Esc.

• How are you trying to achieve it?

Right now I enabled disable_sanitize_html and added the following script to every dashboard, in a Text panel:

<script>
  if (location.search.includes('auth_token')) {
    document.querySelector('header').style.display = 'none';
    document.querySelector('header').nextElementSibling.style.paddingTop = 0;
    document.querySelector('main').previousElementSibling.style.display = 'none';
  }
</script>

This works, but is kind of ugly, takes up space for the Text panel, and needs to be copied to every dashboard. I would rather implement the same functionality in the main application code, or at least add this script in a more generic way.

Question: how can I add this functionality or this piece of script to Grafana? Is there a plugin that allows me to write custom JS, or can I add it somewhere in the database or in the configuration files? Otherwise, should I write a plugin to do that?