Grafana v9 is tryning to merge times values axes when using mulitple metrics and create 0 value if need be

Hello,

I am migrating from Grafana v7.3.7 to Grafana v9.4.3.

I encounter a blocking problem during my migration concerning the use of a Graph panel containing only 1 query A but returning a dataset with two metrics, server_1 & server_2.

I insist on the fact that it is only one query A returning the 2 metrics, and not two metrics A and B returning respectively the metrics of server_1 and server_2 because in this case I have no problem.

My source is mssql which returns this dataset:

In v7, I used to get this visualization :

In v9, I get the unwanted visualization :

The reason is that grafana v9 is changing ma dataset by that :

So it is trying to find a value for each metric and for each time that he will find the dataset, and is virtualing creating a measure with a 0 value for each correponding missing matchs.

This behavior is unwanted and can not be changed with connect as null…

How can I tell Grafana to not add this 0 values?

1 Like

Hi @jbpub,

Welcome to the :grafana: community support forums !!

We are excited that you joined our OSS community. Please read about some of the FAQs in the community :slight_smile:

If you still having this problem then might be better to report this to our official GitHub repository using this link as I am not 100% sure but might be a bug or some very specific problem. Though a lot has been changed from ver 7 to ver8 in terms of UI and Backend, butas said better to ask there.

Provide all the information (you can simply copy/paste your data + screenshot from here to there).

Lastly, paste the link to your GitHub issue here in this post so that all other community users can also track it. I will also add more additional information to it :+1: