Grafana & Influx DB integration for monitoring jmeter performance tests results in real time

Hi There,

I have been working on influx DB & Grafana integration in order to create dashboard for jmeter performance tests in real time.
Both Influx Db & Grafana had been installed on the local machine. Samples of jmeter tests can be seen in the Grafana dashboard Table & graphs options.

Requirement is to create a table having multiple columns

First column would be txn name like TS01_01_Launch
Second column should have value of ok.avg sample
Third column should have value of ok.max sample and so on.

Can you assist me in order to write a query under table option to create a table having multiple columns by using different samples.

As of now i am able to create table having values of only one sample like ok.avg or ok.min.

Can you assist me in order to write a query under table option to create a table having multiple columns by using different available samples. for example

As of now i am able to create table having values of only one sample like ok.avg or ok.min. Please find below screenshot for the same.

Can you assist me in order to write a query under table option to create a table having multiple columns by using different available samples. for example

please find below required table

In Table Options tab you can switch Table Transform: Time Series To Columns

Hi Torkel,

I tried using Time series to columns but dint get the desired results. Please find below screenshot for the same.

As mentioned above, I need a table like below but having multiple columns

second column of first table should be equivalent to second column of second table.

This is how i write query to display data in a table.

The closest I could get to what you want is to use the Time series aggregations option and then choose the avg, min and max aggregations but that looks like it conflicts with your data. I don’t think the Table Panel is flexible enough to to do what you want.

As a side issue, I think you could make your query simpler by using regex. Something like:

/jmeter.*.ok.(avg|min|max)/

Hi Danielle ,

Your understanding is correct. Upon using Time series aggregation & having multiple columns, there is a conflict with my data.

Could you please assist on reg ex option. can we actually use them for desired results.

I noticed that you had a lot of queries which you could do with one query and regex but it does not help with your problem unfortunately :frowning:

you need to store your values as separate fields (avg, count, max, min, etc) not as separate measurements. Then you could write it as a query that returns a table.

Hi Torkel,

This is how my actual results looks like in jmeter

Every transaction has a separate average , min. & max values.

This is how backend listner has been configured.

All the values are being captured as a separate measurements automatically.

Can you please assist me to make separate fields.
Cant we say that jmeter.TS01_01_Launch.ok.avg , jmeter.TS01_01_Launch.ok.min are seperate fields of .ok sample.

I guess you have to change how jmeter writes metrics to InfluxDB. Sorry unfamiliar with jmeter or how it’s InfluxDB integration works.

Hi Danielle,

A single query & regex may help us to resolve my query.
Question is how??

I’m not sure. Can you select multiple fields in one query rather than have lots of queries? You can get to the fields menu by clicking on the plus sign beside select.

Hi Daniellee,

Thanks for the above information.

I managed to get the correct values for my first transaction in a desired table. Please find below for the same.

Could you please help me to add other sample transactions in subsequent rows of above table also want to change the name of second column to avg. and so on…