Grafana IIS App Pools # of current logical Threads

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    V9.0.7 and Windows 10

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Using Telegraf, InfluxDB and Grafana I’m wanting to capture and visualise the Windows performance monitor .Net CLR LocksAndThreads# of current logical Threads against IIS App Pools and have the App Pool names and the # of threads displayed on a graph.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I’ve imported in the # of current logical Threads counter using Telegraf [inputs.win_perf_counters.object], however this just captures the instances as w3wp, w3wp#1, w3wp#2 etc

As such, I’ve written a Powershell script which obtains the AppPool names for each of those w3wp instances.

The part I’m struggling with is how to use this data to join with the performance counters in order to show a graph with App Pool names and # of threads.

• What happened?
    I’m having issues with being able use the second set of data to update the labels

Where is the second set of data being written to?

I would go either full telegraf ir full powershell. This fragmented approach will come to bite you later

Thanks for your reply. Both sets of data are being written to InfluxDB via Telegraf (one using the inputs.win_perf_counters.object and one using inputs.exec)

I wasn’t able to find a way to import the AppPool names just using performance counters, hence needing to use Powershell to manipulate and then surface the details.