Grafana Dashboard as a Service

Hi ,

I am working on Auto-generation of Grafana Dashboard .
I read few details about Grafonnet, Jsonnet .

Please help me to share if any step by step guidance available to start with this .

1 Like

There’s support in Grafana for provisioning dashboards defined as JSON.

Unfortunately, editing the dashboard JSON manually is quite complicated, which is why there now are several tool that generates the dashboard JSON for you, for example Grafonnet, like you mentioned.

Are you interested in knowing more about generating the dashboard JSON (Grafonnet), or how to import it into Grafana (provisioning)?

Here’s a few resources to get you started:

1 Like

Hi Marcus,

Thanks you for sharing the links. It is helpful .

I am new to automation of Grafana dashboard JSON generation and working on exploring the best option.

We use dashboards for monitoring infrastructure and each dashboard has multiple sections and over 100+ panels .

Plan is to have multiple sections predefined and will be added to Json based on the selection criteria and query will be adjusted accordingly and JSON will generated which can be imported to Grafana.

I hope this is doable .

Cheers,

Sunil Sagar

That definitely sounds like something that Grafonnet would be able to do :+1:

We’re using Grafonnet heavily at Grafana Labs for our own infrastructure, and we feel it’s working well for us.

Hi Marcus,

Great, thanks for increasing my confidence that I am doing something which is already having a working model .

I will share my findings and new bottlenecks if I come across .

Cheers,

Sunil Sagar

1 Like

For anyone interested, there’s now a tutorial on how to Provision dashboards and data sources in Grafana.

Thank you for sharing the tutorial Marcus.

Thanks,
Sunil Sagar

1 Like