Giving access to only specific Grafana data to specific users

Hello all,

I am not sure what category to use when asking this question so please correct me if needed.

I am trying to figure out the easiest way give access to only specific Grafana data to specific users.

Brief description of current setup:
Multiple devices are sending data over UDP to server hosting Node RED, InfluxDB and Grafana. The UDP data is received on Node RED, parsed and stored into InfluxDB.
My Grafana dashboard reads the data I want to show from the InfluxDB and shows to the user which has access information for that Dashboard.
Currently I have only one user login setup to access all Dashboard data for all the devices.

• What I would like to achieve?
    I would like for the data of only certain devices to be visible to only certain users.
    I am not sure how many devices will send data so would like not to have to create a separate Dashboard for each device.
    It would be great if there is support to show only certain panels or data depending on the user credentials currently logged in.

Questions
What would be the easiest option to achieve this?
How can I create multiple logins for the same Dashboard and give them all each different access rights?

I would handle that on influxdb side.

Create another table in influxdb or another database where you associate one device to one or many logins. Then in your flux query send in currently logged in user’s login and filter things accordingly

Like this principle

1 Like