Gauge panel seem to cap-off at a particular number (ie.,. 1000)

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Gauge chart should give me the count of requests
    Currently I use a Grafana dashboard with Loki datasource to monitor my apps in Azure kubernetes Service. The logs do not follow a logfmt/json etc.,. and every deployment creates a new pod.
    i use the Gauge panel to display number of requests however the panel seems to be stuck at 1000 despite the fact that there were >1000 requests. i couldnt find any option that displays threshold. :frowning:

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    By using a query as shown below and applying a transformation of labels to fields

• What happened?
    I ran a stress test with ~2000 requests but the gauge panel is stuck at 1000

• What did you expect to happen?
    It should show a number ~2000

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

sounds like you might have some sort of max setting at 1000. I would check the min max settings in the panel editor, because the gauge should not get capped like that. The text will resize dynamically as the number gets larger

I would maybe share your transformation and what your transformed data looks like in the table panel so we can try and mock it up

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.