Feature Request: Autocomplete views in MS SQL Server plugin

I am looking to use Grafana as an internal BI tool. Using the MS SQL Server plugin, I can connect to a database and the plugin displays a dropdown of tables that can be selected. What I am proposing is that this list also includes SQL views.

This would be incredibly helpful in our case where we have data normalized across several tables, but have reporting views which join them back together.

1 Like

Hi @nwilson126 this forum is about plugin development support and it is unlikely the developers of the mssql plugin will see your request. I advice you to open a feature request in the grafana repository: GitHub - grafana/grafana: The open and composable observability and data visualization platform. Visualize metrics, logs, and traces from multiple sources like Prometheus, Loki, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Postgres and many more. or of course you can open a pull request with the functionality

@academo Thank you for the direction. I commented on an issue: SQL Query editor improvements · Issue #53053 · grafana/grafana · GitHub