Export to Excel/CSV

We are using Grafana 6.6. I think in previous versions there was an option to export data to CSV/Excel. Is there such an option in the newer versions? If not, what are the alternatives?

You can still export data to CSV. If you hover the top of a panel (where the panel title is) and click to get the panel menu you can go to More > Export CSV to download the series in that panel as CSV.

I opened a bug on this and I see there are some old bugs (https://github.com/grafana/grafana/issues/1855), but by default it exports the file separated by semi colons instead of CSV.

And when we select the option “Excel CSV Dialect” the data appears in gibberish.

You familiar with this?

Now you can find the option following the steps:
Stop the autorefresh
Click on the title of the graph
Rover over Inspect
Click on Data
Grafico

5 Likes

What if I want to download csv’s for all the panels in my dashboard?

There’s got to be a better way than manually (Inspect → Data → Download CSV) for each panel?

Can this be done programmatically?

4 Likes

The best I could think of was creating a Table panel querying all the metrics displayed in the other panels, then export the data from it.

To be sure I think any visualization would do; I chose Table because it hints at how the data will be exported, and it’s a visualization format that “works” regardless how much the different metrics differ in scale.

2 Likes

Hi
Did you get the solution for this?

Nope :frowning:

image001.jpg

Hello!
I need to attach exported excel file on another dashboard is that possible?

hello, i’m having the same request. I need to export chart data, i tried export but i only have data points with 10minutes intervals. Is there a way to have shorter time intervals ?

Hello,

I need to attach the infinity table panel data as a CSV to email alerts, Is this possible to achieve in Grafana or via some plugin. Can anyone please guide me on this ?

Regards
Lakshay