Does Grafana store data queried to disk?

For example, if I query 24 hours worth of data from SQL server and the next minute it executes the same query…it would be a waste to repeat 99% of the time. I think some data/metadata are stored in the Grafana\data folder but not sure if I can configure it to make it store more data and query it from there. If a lot of people have a dashboard where it refreshes every minute and it aggregates a month worth of data from SQL server…could be a lot of unnecessary queries.

That’s how it’s currently work for all Grafana datasources.

thank you, is there a place where I can specify how long or how much data I can store data in the config of the .ini?

Grafana doesn’t store any data, it only visualize data coming from integrated datasources. If you’re referring to a cache there’s none in Grafana.

1 Like

Do you guys have any plans to allow caching data in the future?

That’s not currently on our roadmap, but we continuously adjust it as we see fit.

1 Like

Take a Look to the Grafana Remote Cache

I’m encountering difficulties in Grafana while attempting to create a dropdown variable for displaying status codes. Specifically, I am unable to find the option to type a query when setting up the variable. Can you provide guidance on how to address this issue?

Variables | Grafana documentation