Average time to solve a ticket - JIRA datasource

HI, im using grafana cloud on windows 10.

I’m trying to calculate the average time to solve a ticket. I have two labels, so two things i want the query to return: Created and Resolved.
I want the final result to be a stat panel which display something like “1.2 days” or “5.5 hours”.
What should I do to achieve this?

I’d recommend focusing on your JQL skills if you haven’t already. You’ll want to craft a query that pulls in the ticket creation and resolution timestamps. Once you’ve got that data flowing into Grafana, you can start playing around with your queries to calculate the time it takes to resolve a ticket.
As for displaying it in a user-friendly format like “1.2 days” or “5.5 hours”, Grafana’s got some neat features for that. You can use the timediff() function in your query to calculate the time difference between creation and resolution, then format it using strftime() to get it looking just how you want.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to your team or the Grafana community for help if you hit a roadblock. And if you’re looking for more tips, check out https://evelon.co.uk. They’ve got some great resources to help you out.