Yarn dev stuck at No errors found

I’m following the tutorial for buiding a new panel login but yarn dev is stuck at No errors found.
Grafana v9.2.2
Node v16.18.1

yarn run v1.22.19
$ webpack -w -c ./.config/webpack/webpack.config.ts --env development
<i> [LiveReloadPlugin] Live Reload listening on port 35729
assets by path *.md 169 bytes
  asset README.md 117 bytes [compared for emit] [from: README.md] [copied]
  asset CHANGELOG.md 52 bytes [compared for emit] [from: ../CHANGELOG.md] [copied]
asset module.js 16.3 KiB [compared for emit] (name: module)
asset LICENSE 11.1 KiB [compared for emit] [from: ../LICENSE] [copied]
asset img/logo.svg 1.55 KiB [compared for emit] [from: img/logo.svg] [copied]
asset plugin.json 809 bytes [emitted] [from: plugin.json] [copied]
cached modules 2.7 KiB (javascript) 937 bytes (runtime) [cached] 10 modules
webpack 5.75.0 compiled successfully in 1717 ms
Type-checking in progress...
assets by status 29.9 KiB [cached] 6 assets
cached modules 2.7 KiB (javascript) 937 bytes (runtime) [cached] 10 modules
webpack 5.75.0 compiled successfully in 561 ms
Type-checking in progress...
No errors found.

When I run yarn

yarn install v1.22.19
[1/5] Validating package.json...
[2/5] Resolving packages...
success Already up-to-date.
Done in 0.56s.

I’ve managed to run yarn dev succesfully by following the set of instruccions available at the grafana toolkit github repository.
According to this:

1. npx @grafana/toolkit plugin:create my-grafana-plugin
  2. cd my-grafana-plugin
  3. yarn install
  4. yarn dev

However it appears that grafana/toolkit is going to be deprecated and the correct way to build plugins is to use grafana/create-plugin. Any ideas on how to solve my initiall problem with this tool?

I’ve also found this set of instructions from Grafana’s documentation that lists the following requirements to build plugins:

I’m not sure what set of instructions ends up being the correct. I’m trying them all but still struggling with the same issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for opening this issue.

The new recommended way for building Grafana plugins is via the create-plugin tool, which has replaced grafana-toolkit (now deprecated). This is also what you will find on the instructions in the Grafana documentation.

No errors found after running yarn dev is not an error: yarn dev starts a process watching for file changes in your frontend plugin source code, and it will re-build the plugin when it detects a change.

No errors found simply means that there were no type-checking errors and in your case the plugin was built successfully.

If you make a change to the source code while yarn dev is running, it will re-build your plugin automatically. To stop it, press CTRL + C.

If you go into the dist folder, you should see the built plugin files, which will be re-built every time you make a change to your source code.

Those files can be used by Grafana to load your plugin. If you have Docker installed, you can run docker-compose up in your main plugin folder to start up a development Grafana instance with the plugin already installed. This development instance is then reachable on http://127.0.0.1:3000.

Thank you, Giuseppe!
For some reason, in my case, the plugin wasn’t visible in Grafana until I signed it (after running yarn install and before yarn dev).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.