WorldMap Coordinates from a File - How with Geomap?

With Worldmap I provided a separate file for lat/long. Please, how do I accomplish this with geomap? My metric has a site numer but does not include lat/lon.

WorldMap we did this:
File here:
/usr/share/grafana/public/api/sitemap.json

File coordinates:
{“key”:“10”,“latitude”:nn.nnnn,“longitude”:-nn.nnnn"name":“Site 10”},

1 Like

Welcome,

if your file does not include long/lat, where are those values located at?

Thanks for the reply I hope you can help. The file includes the lot /long, lat / long is not in the metric being posted from graphite.

File here:
/usr/share/grafana/public/api/sitemap.json

File coordinates:
{“key”:“10”,**“latitude”:nn.nnnn,“longitude”:-nn.nnnn"**name":“Site 10”},

So where my file has lat / long, how can I get Geomap to use similar to world map.

What is this lot in this lot/long you mention?

I should have just included the help from World Map, this is what I mean by lat/lon:

" Worldmap will then match the metric name (target in the example data) with a key field from the location data. " So, how can I do similar with Geomap?

1 Like

notice this part

“The data comes from a database query: Prometheus, InfluxDB, Graphite, Elasticsearch, MySQL etc. It can be in the Time Series format or in the Table format.”

So your file approach will not work for geomap, unless you convert it to a geojson file

Any thoughts on how I can use a geojson file for coordinates?

you need to save your geojson in the folder you see listed above and type in that path with the geojson file name

@yosiasz
Thanks, great!

My query is:

I used Geojson.io to make a geojson file. And the locations now show on the map:

Please, how do I map the count of (site 13) (3229) to the matching location? With WorldMap the “Key” did this.

GeoJSON

{
“type”: “Feature”,
“properties”: {
“Site”: 13,
“Name”: “Site13”
},
“geometry”: {
“type”: “Point”,
“coordinates”: [
]
}

Graphite Query:
aliasByNode(integral(consolidateBy(sumSeries(trbo.gw.traffickpi.1.13.*.count), ‘sum’)), 4)

1 Like

Might want to create a new discussion