Use bucket per tenant option for multi tenant Loki with s3 backend storage

Hi, the current architecture of multi-tenant Loki is a directory for each tenant ID under the existing bucket if we are using s3 backend storage.

Is there a way to configure the Loki to create a bucket for each tenant instead of using directories per bucket? (multi bucket option)

The problem is
Under multi-tenant architecture, there should be a way to monitor the space usage of each tenant with consideration of the retention time configuration.Hi, the current architecture of multi-tenant Loki is a directory for each tenant ID under the existing bucket if we are using s3 backend storage.

Is there a way to configure the Loki to create a bucket for each tenant instead of using directories per bucket? (multi bucket option)

The problem is
Under multi-tenant architecture, there should be a way to monitor the space usage of each tenant with consideration of the retention time configuration.

3 Likes

Did you find out if this is possible? I would like to have separate buckets for all tenants as well because of the reasons you are mentioning.

I too would like to know if this is an option. We are considering Loki with Minio to support on prim with multi-cloud abstractions. It would be great to have Tenant isolation at the Bucket/Cloud Provider level so we could have different tenants on different cloud buckets, some on prim, some off, depending on their volume or geograhpic regions.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this?

Another great reason for this capability would be to have different KMS keys per tenant/bucket.

I am looking for the same setup, could you someone suggest on this?

I am also looking for a similar setup.

Our use case is that we are an object storage platform. We want to provide access logs for our customers and store them in a bucket of their account on our platform.

So, for each tenant, we want to be able to configure a separate bucket and credentials.