Running containerized installs of mixed versions on same compute node

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    v7 and potentially v10 on centos 7

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I’m running a dockerized version of 7.x, that has suited my needs fine. I’m looking to test out some features in v10. It would also run as a docker container. I’d like to run both instances on the same host.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    Is this advised, not advised? Any gotchas I should look out for or advice in general from someone who has done this?

• What happened?
    Haven’t done it yet.

• What did you expect to happen?
    A promotion and big fat raise for me.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
    n/a

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    n/a

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL? n/a
    Thanks folks.

:laughing:

I support this effort!

Why do you want to run both in mixed mode on same host?

Why not run it locally if it is just to vet it out?

Hi…
It’s simple enough if you know how to use docker port…
Just run both version in the different node port, let say the existing using 3000:3000 and the v10 using -p 3500:3000.

Regards,
Fadjar

1 Like

Haha - thanks for your support! I suppose I could but I was thinking of running against test and prod data, both of which are locked down and accessible via a local dc network. Your suggestion is a valid one and I appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi there. Yes, definitely familiar with changing up the ports, I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything else I would need to take into consideration or something I hadn’t thought of. Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.