REST API call with SSO auth in Grafana datasource plugin

Hello!
My Grafana version is v9.0.3 (023f9251a9).
I am developing a datasource plugin which should use oauth authentication when making a rest api call.
I successfully configured SSO for Grafana login. Now I need to use the user under whom I authenticated to Grafana to make a request from my datasource.
According to the documentation (Add authentication for data source plugins | Grafana documentation), I need to add these lines to my plugin.json file for routes:

"tokenAuth": {
        "url": "https://api.example.com/v1/oauth/token",
        "params": {
          "grant_type": "client_credentials",
          "client_id": "{{ .SecureJsonData.clientId }}",
          "client_secret": "{{ .SecureJsonData.clientSecret }}"
        }
      }

I added the lines. Then when I request my endpoint with backendSrv method, the url which I provided for tokenAuth is called and the parameters which I passed in the params attribute also are passed. But the problem is that I also need to pass one more parameter which is the code which was received when the user authenticated in Grafana itself. I am not sure how to get this code that is why the oauth/token endpoint returns an error.
Could somebody let me know how this oauth flow should work? Because I believe that if I do not pass the code which was received during SSO authentication to Grafana itself, it will never work.
Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.