Panel view with "Explore" not the same when added to dashboard

Hi there,
I am trying to set up some dashboard for my log monitoring.

When I go to “Explore”, I can really easily do exactly what I want:

So basically a nice bar graph with the log level with different color.
There are also the list of logs in the bottom, but I don’t care about that.

However, when I save this view with “Add to Dashboard”, the same panel in the dashboard view looks different:

Now I only have the list of logs, no graph. I only want the graph !

Is there a way to change that ?

If not, how can I achieve the same view with a custom panel ?

Thanks !

@usman.ahmad thanks for your answer; here is the Github issue:

Hi @piettes2010,

Welcome to the :grafana: community support forums !!

We are excited that you joined our OSS community. Please read about some of the FAQs in the community :slight_smile:

Thanks for opening this post. To me, it looks like a bug because this only happens in the Loki Datasource while in the case of Prometheus datasource (inside Explore view) which uses TimeSeries Panel as default, the “Add to Dashboard” does work correctly.

We would appreciate it if you can open a bug report about this in our official GitHub repository using this link.

Provide all the information (you can simply copy/paste your data + screenshot from here to there).

Lastly, paste the link to your GitHub issue here so that all other community users can also track it (i will also add more details too).

You have to create that part manually, Simply go to Dashboard and select e.g. Bar Chart panel visualisation.

Select the Datasource as Loki, then copy and paste the Loki Query that you used in the Explore module and you should see the same result.

I couldn’t figure it out with this way (using Bar Chart).

But I could get something good enough with time series and 3 queries:

count(rate({name="backend"} | json | __error__=`` | level = `ERROR` [$__interval]))
count(rate({name="backend"} | json | __error__=`` | level = `WARN` [$__interval]))
count(rate({name="backend"} | json | __error__=`` | level = `INFO` [$__interval]))