Link Geomap route layer with another timeseries dashboard

Hi people!

Let me expose my problem using the template.

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Latest Grafana version v10.4.0 and running in a Docker container.

• What are you trying to achieve?
    As an image is worth a thousand words:

What I’m trying to achieve is to link a measure, for example ping, to a specific position (given latitude and longitude) in a Geomap dashboard with route layer. As far as now, this is what I have:

I can mark the position without problems, the numbers are just the ping at that location (made by me for testing). However, what I want to try is to link the dashboard I have for pings to that Geomap dashboard, so when I hover over a point of the ping dashboard, it displays me in the Geomap dashboard where it was. This is the dashboard of pings:

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    Tried with different options within Geomap panel, but no success.

• What happened?

• What did you expect to happen?

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    I’ve just followed the documentation about Geomap in the Grafana website + the link that’s in that section → ol-ext: GPX flow style

Feel free to ask anything.

Btw, sorry for the English. Thanks in advance!

So you want an onClick() event on the time series panel to trigger a change in the geomap panel?

Yes, basically. The change could be a simple pointer on the exact location.

Couldn’t the route layer have some type of configuration option to do it?

you would have to see if time series plugin exposes an 'event bus` and then you can capture that on the mapping side.

For the mapping side to respond to click event on time series, you would need to use something like leaflet.js with dynamic text (External JavaScript and CSS | Volkov Labs)

or orchestra cities map plugin that you could maybe read the event bus click on time series