K6 only works proxied through fiddler

I’m seeing some really strange behavior. I believe something changed with the system under test. The actions work manually but not with the script… But the script is fine.

When I proxy through fiddler , everything works.

When I don’t proxy through fiddler login works but everything after login fails.

I’m wondering if anyone has seen anything like this.

I’ve tried different computers , different Internet connections , different OS and even vpn.

This isn’t one of those issues where it fails because fiddler is closed and the proxy is still set . It’s not that.

I don’t have any issues testing other systems. I just don’t know what the delta is. I’m not firewall blacklisted or any of that or it would work from another machine on another internet connection.

I’m puzzled.

Hi there,

this seems uniquely related to your setup, so it’s unlikely anyone has run into this particular issue. We’ll try to help you, but would need more information.

When I proxy through fiddler , everything works.

When I don’t proxy through fiddler login works but everything after login fails.

OK, so what is Fiddler doing to the requests? It sounds like it’s either adding authentication headers, or even faking the responses. We can’t be sure without seeing your Fiddler setup.

Are you sure you’re setting the required authentication headers in your k6 script after the login succeeds? How exactly does “everything after login fail”? Do you see any errors? Can you share your script or relevant parts of it here?

There can be a dozen different causes for this, but we can’t help without more information.

1 Like