How to specify Access Token and GEM URL

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    The latest Grafana Enterprise version (trial)

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Trying to trial out the GEM for my company.
    we’d like to get a hands on experience on how this all work.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I followed the documentation Get started with Grafana Mimir using the Helm chart | Grafana Labs Helm charts documentation to install via helm chart. the installation was successful

• What happened?

but I have trouble adding Grafana Enterprise Metrics plugin, we don’t knowhow to fill up the access token and Grafana Enterprise Metrics URL field.

• What did you expect to happen?

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    see the screenshot above

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    Set up the GEM plugin for Grafana | Grafana Enterprise Metrics documentation, in this guide, it says: * Access Token: Enter the admin-scoped access token that you generated when setting up your GEM cluster.

• Enterprise Metrics URL: Enter the URL of your GEM cluster. For single-process clusters, this is any node in the cluster. For microservice deployments, this URL is the GEM gateway.

but i didn’t generate any admin token during the setup (I followed the helm chart deployment guide). also how do I get the URL of GEM Gateway. I do have the mimir-gateway running

any pointer would be much appreciated. thanks.

Hi @info579a,

Welcome to the :grafana: community support forums !!

We are excited that you joined our OSS community. Please read about some of the FAQs in the community :slight_smile:

Try out the following steps:

1. Log in to your Grafana Enterprise Metrics (GEM) cluster as an administrator.

2. Navigate to the “Access” or “Security” settings in the GEM interface.

3. Look for the section related to access tokens or API tokens.

4. Generate a new token if one doesn’t already exist.

5. Make sure to select the appropriate scope for the token, such as “admin” or “full access.”

6. Once the token is generated, it will be displayed on the screen. Take note of the token or copy it to a secure location.

7. This token can be used for administrative tasks and API calls that require admin-level access to the GEM cluster.

Let us know if this helps.