Help on Worldmap Panel

Do the devices you are pinging have location data?

This is my Ping input

Do the devices you are pinging have location data?

I don’t think we are understanding each other

yes, they are located in different location, the above is just an example

location data? i am not sure what this means. How do i give the location for each device?

Ok, dont take this personal, but are you familiar or have a good grasp of longitude latitude, geojson, location related data?

No sir, i am here to learn, if you can help me put all this together i would be very happy.

Please read this first

Yes, i know this, But i dont know how to use it, where to enter the latitude and longitude.
Can you please show me an example for one device only

You need to either create a table with information in it or add it to your existing table.

1 Like

Actually this is my original question. and i dont know how to do it,

Where are all your data stored?

Do you have a DataBase?

If you do create a table with the site ID (IP) or something as a reference and then the latitude and longitude in it.

how many devices do you have and where are they located, what part of the world, what cities?
please list them out here is not too many

devicename,citylocation
iot2,Timbaktu

For Example:
Device Name: Core Rourter
CityLocation : Delhi (28.6472799,76.8130725)

Is there a unique device identifier other than the name?

NO Sir, just the hostname or IP address

Are those also being returned in the ping data?

Read the documentation on geomap.

Here is the result of your sample data.

no, only this:
time average_response_ms host maximum_response_ms minimum_response_ms name packets_received packets_transmitted percent_packet_loss resul t_code standard_deviation_ms ttl url

So you have no hostname, ipaddress coming from the ping. You also do not have longitude,latitude coming for those devices. And there is no way to marry these two data points.

Conclusion: This is not going to work for you.

All i am asking is how to do it.
Anyway thanks for your time.