- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
- What are you trying to achieve?
I need to display a custom error message in the standard error section of a panel (top left corner). I want to set this custom error message from my backend plugin to the Panel in Grafana. The plugin is written in Golang. Please give me a code snippet if possible.
- How are you trying to achieve it?
Don’t know how to acheive it
- What happened?
- What did you expect to happen?
Display error in the panel’s standard error section.
- Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
- Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
- Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
To display an error, frontend part of the Data Source should throw exception based on the output from the backend with returned custom message.
There should be examples in repository GitHub - grafana/grafana-plugin-examples
Thank you. Will explore the examples.