I am pretty new into Grafana and Prometheus.
I want to monitor my urbackup Server with it, alerting when something is wrong and so on.
The alert when a Client is offline for 5 Minutes is working fine. But I want to change the Mail I am getting.
At the moment I am getting an Mail where all the informations are shown in a raw format.
But I want just a simple Mail with my own text and some variables.
Can you give me some tipps where to set that up?
welcome to the forum, @l1243
Grafana’s transition from legacy alerting to the Unified Alerting platform represents a big step forward. But, there are many factors that can influence behavior, and it is often hard for the community to troubleshoot issues without a thorough understanding of your unique setup. Try to include the following info:
- What is your Grafana version?
- Are you using Grafana Cloud or self-hosted Grafana?
- Are you using legacy alerting or Unified Alerting?
- was the alert in question migrated from the legacy platform into Unified Alerting, or did you first create it inside the new platform?
- Please list ALL configuration options related to alerting. You can find these in the
Unified Alerting sections of Grafana’s config file. If you are now using or have previously used the beta version of
ngalert (released with Grafana 8), please note that too.
- you can use this table to better understand how configuration options can interact with each other
- If this is a templating issue on Unified Alerting, check if your alert is using a multi-dimensional rule or not.
- List the datasource associated with the alert
- Increase the verbosity of the Grafana server logs to
debug and note any errors. For printing to console, set the console logs to
debug as well.
- Search for open issues on GitHub that sound similar to your problem