Compatibility with Graylog's data

Hi,

I’m trying to use the Graylog’s data in ElasticSearch to analyse the data and cross it with others.

But the timestamp isn’t in the correct format and I think that why I have this error :

“SearchPhaseExecutionException[Failed to execute phase [query], all shards failed; shardFailures {[iYywti_LSNKySzszsTnnzA][graylog2_0][0]: SearchParseException[[graylog2_0][0]: from[-1],size[0]: Parse Failure [Failed to parse source [{“size”:0,“query”:{“bool”:{“must”:[{“range”:{“timestamp”:{“gte”:“1489558035376”,“lte”:“1489579635376”,“format”:“epoch_millis”}}},{“query_string”:{“analyze_wildcard”:true,“query”:”"}}]}},“aggs”:{“2”:{“date_histogram”:{“interval”:“10s”,“field”:“timestamp”,“min_doc_count”:0,“extended_bounds”:{“min”:“1489558035376”,“max”:“1489579635376”},“format”:“epoch_millis”},“aggs”:{}}}}]]]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[Invalid format: [epoch_millis]: Illegal pattern component: p]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[Illegal pattern component: p]; }{[iYywti_LSNKySzszsTnnzA][graylog2_1][0]: SearchParseException[[graylog2_1][0]: from[-1],size[0]: Parse Failure [Failed to parse source [{“size”:0,“query”:{“bool”:{“must”:[{“range”:{“timestamp”:{“gte”:“1489558035376”,“lte”:“1489579635376”,“format”:“epoch_millis”}}},{“query_string”:{“analyze_wildcard”:true,“query”:""}}]}},“aggs”:{“2”:{“date_histogram”:{“interval”:“10s”,“field”:“timestamp”,“min_doc_count”:0,“extended_bounds”:{“min”:“1489558035376”,“max”:“1489579635376”},“format”:“epoch_millis”},“aggs”:{}}}}]]]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[Invalid format: [epoch_millis]: Illegal pattern component: p]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[Illegal pattern component: p]; }]"

Can you tell me if it’s possible to change the format of the timestamp in Grafana to match the Elasticsearch’s data?

FYI: here’s an example of timestamp I try to use => 2017-03-15 11:11:13.236

Thanks

Do you know the Elasticsearch index mapping? What ES type does the date field have in the index mapping definition? What version of Elasticsearch are you using? Have you specified version in the Grafana data source edit page?

• The version of ES: 1.7.3

• The index mapping for the timestamp value

timestamp: {
type: “date”,
doc_values: true,
format: “yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS”
}

• In the Grafana datasource, I specified 2.x version

So my question was can we use a different date format than epoch_millis?
(The Graylog was installed before we decide to use Grafana so we didn’t configure it for this purpose.)

Thanks

Grafana 4.x does not support ES 1.x, only ES 2.x and 5.x

If you need to use 1.x you need to use Grafana 3.x

Thanks, I was afraid of that :slight_smile:
I’ll try to update our stack to manage this case.

Thanks again.

Hi,

this is kind of off-topic but the current graylog release (2.2.2) supports ES versions up to 2.4.x.

You should consider an upgrade.