Using variables in the nodegraph panel

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Using Grafana 10.2.2

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I am trying to create a panel of a dashboard with the nodegraph panel to display a selected servicegraph similar to the servicegraph displayed in Tempo. The filter option doesn’t accept variables. The aim is to use service.name as a variable to constrain how much of the ServiceGraph to display when selecting a service.name via a variable.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I added a NodeGraph Panel and examined the filter option.

• What happened?
    Variables are not accepted in the nodegraph filter therefore results are blank.

That said the data in the Tempo ServiceGraph is driven from the ServiceGraph Metrics derives from the OTEL ServiceGraph Metrics Processor. Has anyone created a similar input to the NodeGraph dynamically ?

• What did you expect to happen?
    Would be good if the filter accepted variable names.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    There are no errors but it is clear that variables are not accepted in the filter option for the NodeGraph panel as it is for other panel types.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    Node graph | Grafana documentation

hi, did you try this: How can I try Datagrid visualization? - #7 by ebabeshko

You need to activated the [feature_toggles] enable = transformationsVariableSupport.

That’s helps me, to use variables in transformations…

Self Solved.

The nodegraph chart does use variables, i had to use the client = $ServiceName and server=$ServiceName and it stuck.

The variable doesn’t show up in the list in the filter but was accepted and worked.