Using "TimeTo" in JSON to set panel time range does not work

Hi,

I try to set an individual panel time range via JSON.

I found the option “TimeFrom”, where I can set the different time range parameters (for example: 20h, now-10h …). That works well!

But If I set the option “TimeTo” to define the end time of my panel, everything I fill in does NOT work. So what could I do? Or is there an other option to define the end date of the panel (instead of “TimeTo”).

Here my example:

“timeFrom”: “now-20h”,
“timeTo”: “now-10h”,
“title”: “$filter_description”,
“type”: “timeseries”,
“timeShift”: null,
“datasource”: null

And is there a way to set instead of the relative parameter “now-20h” an absolute parameter, for example “2021-03-11 12:09:41.340”? I tried the absolute date in option “TimeFrom”, but that does not work. On the other hand, If I set the absolute date in dashboard options “FROM” and “TO” (manuel time range filter) that DOES work.

Thanks for help.
Greetings
Patrick

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Patrick

If you want a range starting at now-20h and ending at now-10h you can set the following in the UI:

I haven’t checked what this corresponds to in the dashboard JSON, but perhaps you can share.

Also, I don’t think that absolute timestamps can he used for this. If you do want absolute timestamps then I suppose you can just hardcode those in your query?

Hi thanks for help!

I have already tried it. If I do it this way, I am not able to zoom into a specific timerange, if I need to. Because there will be always a Time shift to the range I selected.

How can I hardcode the absolute timestamps in my query?

Now my query looks like:

SELECT Timestamp as time, Value as value, ChannelId as metric
FROM DataloggerMeasuredValue
WHERE Unit LIKE N’%V%’ AND MeasurementIdentifier in (’${filter_measurementIdentifier}’)

Thanks!
Patrick

Sorry I think I misled you with my comment about hardcoding in the query. That would only change what data is queried, not the actual time range that’s shown in the panel. So unfortunately I don’t have an idea of how to set the time period of a panel to a fixed absolute range.

Right…well I guess the idea of applying an override is that the time period you select overrides (with a specific offset) the dashboard time range that you select otherwise. I’m not sure if a different behavior is supported - though I’d also be up-front about the fact that I haven’t really delved into this (e.g. I’m not sure whether further options are possible through editing the JSON).

Thanks for information!

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.