Upgrading Grafana ver 6 to 9.2.3

New to grafana, seeing error html/template: pattern matches no files: /usr/share/grafana/public/emails/*.txt. How to generate the *.txt file? I have html files like alert_notification, welcome_on_signup.html, new_user_invite.html etc.

Hi @sharmar,

Welcome to the :grafana: community support forums !!

Please review the submission template and include more details (to the best possible match as per your case):

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
  • What is your datasource?
  • What visualization panel you are using e.g. time-series, bar chart, histogram etc?
  • What are you trying to achieve?
  • How are you trying to achieve it?
  • What happened?
  • What did you expect to happen?
  • Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
  • Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
  • Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

grafana-9.2.3 on linux, I am seeing this error
Failed to start grafana. error: html/template: pattern matches no files: /usr/share/grafana/public/emails/*.txt
html/template: pattern matches no files: /usr/share/grafana/public/emails/*.txt
My pod is not starting because of the above message. I do not have anything to generate emails/*.txt. I am not sure how to generator *.txt. Thanks for help.

what version of grafana are you upgrading from and did you have alerts in the older version?

The older version is 6.6.0 and I am upgrading to 9.2.3. I have emails folder with alert_notification.html in my 6.6.0 version.

1 Like

However the error is on emails/*.txt which I am not sure how to get txt file.

Version 6.6.0 is really old and not supported any more for any bug fixes.

However, someone might be volunteering and willing to try to reproduce it but for that, need to know how you created this folder alert_notifications.html and what sort of data you had in there (maybe attach it if possible).

2nd question will be as how exactly you installed the ver 6.6.0 (i.e. on which Linux distro and used any package manager e.g. yum or apt-get command OR used .rpm or .deb file to install Grafana?

Just for curiously as ver 9.2.3 failed in your case, did you try to update to ver 7 to see if that worked out for you?