Upgrade grafana dashboard from 6.5.1 to 9.3.2 getting error "origin not allowed" and compatibility with Chrome

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    grafana-9.3.2-1 rpm and redhat enterprise 7.1 (Maipo)
  • What are you trying to achieve?
    We are trying to upgrade to latest version 9.3.2
  • How are you trying to achieve it?
    As this is offline installation, we have downloaded grafana (9.3.2) rpm along with simpod-json-datasource-0.5.0.zip and alexanderzobnin-zabbix-app-4.2.10.zip and spin up the ec2 instance,
  • What happened?
    With working previous version, we had following configuration in grafana.ini
    protocol = https
    auth ldap → enabled = true
    cert_file location
    In datasources.yaml for zabbix
    access: Server
    basicAuth: true
    withCredentials:false
    isDefault:true

I tried to upgrade with new version with same configuration, I faces following issues
1.The zabbix plugin was not enabled, wanted some advice as this is offline server how can i bake ami with enabled plugin or when it launched it should be enabled
2. When I tried to click on enable in UI it gives “origin not allowed”,
3. Dashboard gets launched in firefox but it its failed to load in Chrome asking me to check the root_url and subpath . I have verified the grafana.ini for both the version and found some difference , in old version root_url is “http://localhot:3000”. I tried to change the same in new version along with setting cookie_secure = false and cookie_samesite = disabled but no luck

• What did you expect to happen?
    Dashboard should have launched with existing configuration
  • Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
    Mentioned above , happy to provide more info if required
  • Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    “origin not allowed”
  • Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    Upgrade Grafana | Grafana documentation

Welcome

How many dashboards do you have in your previous grafana 6.5.1

2 dashboard for non-prod and 3 for prod

1 Like