Turning off Ad-Hoc Filters in tables

Hi,

I’m using Grafana with a Prometheus data source - and I realise from the docs that Ad-Hoc filters are not supported for Prometheus.

However, my users have discovered that if they hover over a table row, they see a filter (filter for/filter out). This creates an ad-hoc filter.

My issue is that the ad-hoc filter seems to insert a label into every metric on the page e.g. {fruit=“banana”} even if the metric doesn’t have that label. The result being that I get lots of “no value” on the dashboard. This doesn’t seem intuitively correct, and that the filter should apply only to those metrics that contain that label.

So this may be because Prometheus ad-hoc queries are not supported, in which case, my real question…
How do I turn off the filter ‘buttons’ in the table?

Many thanks

2 Likes

Facing the same issue. Can’t find a way to disable the ad-hoc filters from the table widget
Do you @support guys have any update on how to deal with this issue?

Thanks

For those who still face the issue.
In version 9.5.3 you can disable the ad-hoc filter if you create an override for a column and search for “ad-hoc filterable”.

From the screenshot above you can see that the option ad-hoc filtering belongs to the standard options. Unfortunately this option is not visible on panel level (only for overrides). So I don’t see a way do disable ad-hoc filtering from all columns except creating an override for each column which isn’t very nice :confused:

There is also a github issue related to this topic where Bedi Zoltan from Grafana also recommends creating overrides :expressionless: