Too many tenants for this organization

I was playing around with synthetic monitoring to see if and how we could use it for our OSS local instance. Initially it worked fine. Then i wanted to try and do some app and datasource settings provisioning etc and it stopped working with different errors. After quite a bit of testing and troubleshooting i think i got the provisioning options correct…. Now however i get a new error(Too many tenants for this organization) which i think might be related to the (free account) grafana cloud org that is required? But i cannot seem to find a way to check these tenants and/or remove them. Grafana logs seem to not give anything interesting either. I guess it can be done through some API calls but i cant find any relevant information on that.

How could i check and/or remove/delete the current active tenants to my org/stack?

Also should mention that I tested by making a new free account with my personal email in which case the plugin initialized and started working without issues. Which leads me to believe that the problem is on grafana-cloud org side.

t=2022-11-16T11:30:39.5+0000 lvl=eror msg=“Request Completed” method=POST path=/api/plugin-proxy/grafana-synthetic-monitoring-app/init status=500 remote_addr=<user_IP> time_ms=554 duration=554.885553ms size=74 referer=<localhosted_grafana>a/grafana-synthetic-monitoring-app/unprovisioned traceID=00000000000000000000000000000000

Hi @o11y4pipedrive ! I’m not sure if you are still working on this issue, but this might be due to Organization limitations. Currently, only a single Organization is supported in Grafana Cloud! Do you have multiple tenants/Organizations in your self-managed Grafana environment?

1 Like

Hi there, i certainly am looking for some sort of a solution. We have many Organizations in our self managed grafana. Surprisingly having said that i set up a separate grafana cloud account with my personal email. Linking synthetic monitoring to that one seems to be working without any issues for multiple orgs simultaneously.

I was thinking perhaps there is something wrong with the initial grafana cloud account but but honestly I’m not sure what else to try at this point.

Is there a way to “reset” a grafana cloud account just to give it a try?

Edit: I just realised i replied from my personal account rather than the original team one. Sorry :smiley: