Time picker bar "shaking"

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    V9.2.0 / 9.2.3

• What happened?
    The time picker bar is somehow “shaking”. With a high frequency it looks like it is expanding and shrinking. As it is fast, I hardly can see what really happens. It looks like there is a 3 dotted button appearing and disappearing on the right side

I do have a video of this, but I can’t upload it here so I created a screenshot from the video where you can see something’s not right
grafana timepicker shake

and a gif created from the video
timepicker shaking

• What did you expect to happen?
    Stable time picker bar

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
    nope

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    nope

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    nope

1 Like

Hey im also getting this problem did you find any way to fix that or the latest version that doesnt get this problem?

What browser are you using?

im using google chrome version 90 64bit
maybe the problem also comes that im working in a closed network?

closed network? meaning you have no internet on your device?
Where is grafana installed on? On the closed network device?

closed network means i cant access things outside of my network for security reasons
the grafana is installed in a kubernetes cluster, im running it using an image 9.3.1 and grafana helm

it also appears to be when im using in my own computer using docker desktop to run it as a container

do you think i need to upgrade my chrome or is there another reason to it?

when i mean personal computer i mean the one in the closed network
another thing that weird to me when i try to access the main page it shows me page not found 404 error

another thing i have already rancher grafana image thats running in prod version 7.1
but im trying to upgrade it to 9.3.1 for adventages in the new version
and in the old version the problem dosent seem to appear

what happens if you try another browser?

tried to open it using explorer shows me a diffrent error opening grafana
encountered this error also with old chrome version

another error i found i think its because i use closed network

1 Like

I think you might be on to something. Maybe grafana does some analytics and reports back to the mothership. One good way to test this is download and install same version on another laptop/desktop , disconnect this laptop from network and see what happens.

I tested locally and do not see an issue with disconnected network

I would work with your security team/network admin about this issue. You might have a super strict environment.

@thkin10

We are using an embedded browser control. It was based on Chromium. I have seen this happening on versions 86.0.241 and 91.1.230.

Last week I have updated our browser control to latest Chromium (107.1.90) and the problem seems to have vanished, although I must admit that I did not really test for it, I am sure I did not notice this problem with the 107 version. So it might be a browser issue.

As you also use Chrome (which is based on Chromium), version 90, if it is a browser issue, it is likely you are affected too.

Can you try with a newer version of Chrome ?

1 Like

i will try thanks for the tip