Stop reloading app plugin page on dashboard refresh cycle

Hi, we have an app plugin that we are using for creating a device. Once the device is created with various information, we show that device on a dashboard using single-stat panel. We want that dashboard to auto refresh after every 30 seconds. So we set the refresh time to 30 seconds for that dashboard. Now when that refresh time is applied to the dashboard if someone tries to add a new device through app plugin then with each refresh cycle on dashboard the app plugin page also gets reloaded and anything that user has input vanishes. Then user will have to type that information again for creating a new device. This is creating a problem for us. Can we stop app plugin page from reloading with the refresh cycle?
Thanks

The app plugin page has no refresh function / reload function. Can you record a video of what your experiencing? The dashboard has a time auto refresh but this just triggers a query reload (data) refresh of all panels, no forms / page is reloaded.

Hi, we were able to recreate the issue. The problem was that we use some variables on different dashboards. We keep refreshing the values of those variables from our mysql and elastic search databases. Those variables keep on refreshing even when we are on the plugin pages. And that also forces our plugin page to reload. So we want to know if there is any provision to stop such variables from refreshing once we have come to our plugin page. I tried uploading a video of the issue, but here i couldn’t upload that so just posting some snapshots to give you some idea of the problem.


so these are some of the variables that we are using on our dashboard that we update after a particular interval to get the latest value.

And this is the app plugin which will get reloaded alongwith those variables when that dashboard is closed or not displaying. Hope you got the problem,
Thanks

Here is the recorded video of actual behavior.
Thanks

(Attachment MachineScope - Efficiency Dashboard Today so far - Google Chrome 10_16_2018 5_48_19 PM_Trim.mp4 is missing)


hi, uploaded the .gif for the issue that we are facing. Just a quick walkthrough for better understanding of the problem. You can see the Protocol is initially selected as ‘MTConnect’ then gets changed to ‘telnet’ and while entering the details for device the screen gets reloaded and all the fields get reset. This is the situation that we want to tackle right now.
Thanks