State timeline error "convert value to float failed: metricIndex 2 type []*time.Time can't be converted to float

• What are you trying to achieve?
    In an attempts to solve my problem posted here, I have a table with fields startTime, endTime, logname. I don’t think I understand thoroughly how state timeline works, so I have endTime to so that each logname is plotted according to its duration length.

• How are you trying to achieve it?

SELECT
  logdate AS "time",
  logname,
  logend
FROM logscombine
WHERE
  $__timeFilter(logdate) AND
  "userName" = 'Keianna Mickler'
ORDER BY 1

I got UI error convert value to float failed: metricIndex 2 type []*time.Time can't be converted to float and there is no date now.
The query is formatted as Time series. If the format is Table, it works okay.

• What did you expect to happen?
    I’ve seen other use case which has start date and end date being used with state timeline or status history. I want something like this

Any ideas what it’s the case? I’m obviously missing something here.

Thank you!

Hi @nhann

Instead of the State Timeline Visualization or the discontinued Gantt chart plugin, have you considered horizontal bar chart?

I read your other post and believe the State Timeline would be best, but it appears you have an unlimited number of unique id numbers to plot, each with a different start time and end time.

Maybe post a subset of your raw data here?

Thank you for the reply! I discuss more about solutions and post my raw data for my use case in the other post since it’s more relevant to the topic question