Shared multiple panels are not loading with v8

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    v8.1.1, before v7.5.3

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Within my visualization (a web page) I use multiple shared dashboards. My visualization (of smart home, ioBroker JARVIS) has multiple tabs, several contains links to grafana dashboards

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I use the share link feature

• What happened?
    v7.5.3: When I load my visualization I can navigate through all tabs and all grafana dashboards are loading
    v8.1.1: When I load my visualization only the grafana dashboards of the active tab will be loaded. When I navigate to another tab of my visualization there is the grafana dashboard shown but empty white

• What did you expect to happen?
    Same behaviour between v7.5.3 and v8.1.1 so that the grafana dashboards will be loaded

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
    I start with one of the tabs (“Internet”) the grafana dashboard is shown correctly in v7.5.3 and also v8.1.1

But when I navigate to another tab (“Klima”) the following happens with
v7.5.3

v8.1.1

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    Do not know how to check but there is no direct visible error message

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    Share a dashboard | Grafana Labs

Is this a bug or has something change with v8.1.1? What can I do that it works again?

Many many thanks in advance!!!

Hi @markusvogel

Did you embed those panels in another web application yourself, or is this a piece of third-party software that you’re using? Have you tried viewing this data in Grafana directly?

Hi @mattabrams,

I do the following… within a website (“JARVIS”-Visualization, running on ioBroker) which have several tabs (see first screenshots above, e.g. “Wohnung”, “Räume”, “Klima”, …) I use multiple different grafana links (“Share dashboard or panel” > “Link” > “Copy”) inside those several tabs.
When I refresh the website the grafana graphs of the actual active tab will be loaded on both versions. But when I switch between the tabs the grafana graphs are only loaded and are visible already in v7.5.3. But when I change to v8.1.1 via stopping the docker container with 7.5.3 and starting the docker container with v8.1.1 (exact same configuration) no graph is visible in the other tabs and there is only an empty white space (compare second screenshot above). This means it is working in principle for the active tab but when used in multiple tabs then in v.8.1.1 it is not working.

I hope this is understandable. :see_no_evil:

In a nutshell:
v.7.5.3: Graphana graphs will be loaded from the active tab and other tabs
v.8.1.1: Graphans graphs will be loaded only from the active tab in other tabs there is only a white blank space

Many thanks in advance!

Refer also to: Zefau/ioBroker.jarvis: jarvis - just another remarkable vis (github.com)

Hi @markusvogel

This setup sounds very complicated, and I imagine it could be a lot of things here. For one, Grafana’s license changed in v8, and I’m not sure if that impacted these third party tools.

Maybe make an issue in the repo that you linked?

Hi @mattabrams ,

it is not that complicated. A website with tabs, some of the tabs contains iFrames with links to grafana. A browser refresh will load all but only those from the active tab are visible as the other tabs are “hidden” and gets visible once I switch to the other tab.
I did further tests with grafana v8.1.2 now with different browsers (all up-to-date).

Result:

• MS Edge (chromium): NOK
  • Mozilla Firefox: OK
  • Hermit Brower: NOK
  • Fully Browser: NOK

As it is working with Mozilla I still feel that this is a trouble of grafana. What do you think (before I open an issue)?

For the NOK browsers: I mean still the window of grafana will be loaded inside the iFrames (compare screenshots from above) but not the content itself.

Hi @markusvogel

Because you can track a change in behavior across versions, I would suggest making an issue in the repo and providing as much detail as possible (and link to this thread) :+1:

Hi @mattabrams ,

many thanks!
I created an issue: Shared multiple panels are not loading with v8 · Issue #38664 · grafana/grafana (github.com)

Greetings!
Markus

1 Like

Hello together,
in the meantime I switched to a newer version of JARVIS (based on ioBroker). With those it works as expected. I still believe there is some trouble but at the moment not relevant for me.

Greetings!

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.