Grafana v4.6 brings many enhancements to Annotations, Cloudwatch & Prometheus. It also adds support for Postgres as metric & table data source!
You can now add annotation events and regions right from the graph panel! Just hold CTRL/CMD + click or drag region to open the Add Annotation view. The
Annotations documentation is updated to include details on this new exciting feature.
Cloudwatch now supports alerting. Setup alert rules for any Cloudwatch metric!
Grafana v4.6 now ships with a built-in datasource plugin for Postgres.
New enhancements include support for instant queries and improvements to query editor in the form of autocomplete for label names and label values.
This makes exploring and filtering Prometheus data much easier.
See security announcement for details.
See security announcement for details.
- Gzip: Fixes bug gravatar images when gzip was enabled #5952
- Alert list: Now shows alert state changes even after adding manual annotations on dashboard #9951
- Alerting: Fixes bug where rules evaluated as firing when all conditions was false and using OR operator. #9318
- Cloudwatch: CloudWatch no longer display metrics’ default alias #10151, thx @mtanda
- Prometheus: Fixes bug with new prometheus alerts in Grafana. Make sure to download this version if your using Prometheus for alerting. More details in the issue. #9777
- Color picker: Bug after using textbox input field to change/paste color string #9769
- Cloudwatch: Fix for cloudwatch templating query
ec2_instance_attribute#9667, thanks @mtanda
- Heatmap: Fixed tooltip for “time series buckets” mode #9332
- InfluxDB: Fixed query editor issue when using
<operators in WHERE clause #9871
- Singlestat: Lost thresholds when using save dashboard as #9681
- Graph: Fix for series override color picker #9715
- Go: build using golang 1.9.2 #9713
- Plugins: Fixed problem with loading plugin js files behind auth proxy #9509
- Graphite: Annotation tooltip should render empty string when undefined #9707
- Alerting: Viewer can no longer pause alert rules #9640
- Playlist: Bug where playlist controls was missing #9639
- Firefox: Creating region annotations now work in firefox #9638
- Prometheus: Fix for browser crash for short time ranges. #9575
- Heatmap: Fix for y-axis not showing. #9576
- Save to file: Fix for save to file in export modal. #9586
- Postgres: modify group by time macro so it can be used in select clause #9527, thanks @svenklemm
- ColorPicker: Fix for color picker not showing #9549
- Alerting: Fix for broken test rule button in alert tab #9539
- Cloudwatch: Provide error message when failing to add cloudwatch datasource #9534, thx @mtanda
- Cloudwatch: Fix unused period parameter #9536, thx @mtanda
- CSV Export: Fix for broken CSV export #9525
- Text panel: Fix for issue with break lines in Firefox #9491
- Annotations: Fix for issue saving annotation event in MySQL DB #9550, thanks @krise3k
- GCS: Adds support for Google Cloud Storage #8370 thx @chuhlomin
- Prometheus: Adds /metrics endpoint for exposing Grafana metrics. #9187
- Graph: Add support for local formating in axis. #1395, thx @m0nhawk
- Jaeger: Add support for open tracing using jaeger in Grafana. #9213
- Unit types: New date & time unit types added, useful in singlestat to show dates & times. #3678, #6710, #2764
- CLI: Make it possible to install plugins from any url #5873
- Prometheus: Add support for instant queries #5765, thx @mtanda
- Cloudwatch: Add support for alerting using the cloudwatch datasource #8050, thx @mtanda
- Pagerduty: Include triggering series in pagerduty notification #8479, thx @rickymoorhouse
- Timezone: Time ranges like Today & Yesterday now work correctly when timezone setting is set to UTC #8916, thx @ctide
- Prometheus: Align $__interval with the step parameters. #9226, thx @alin-amana
- Prometheus: Autocomplete for label name and label value #9208, thx @mtanda
- Postgres: New Postgres data source #9209, thx @svenklemm
- Datasources: closes #9371, #5334, #8812, thx @mattbostock
- SMTP: Make it possible to set specific EHLO for smtp client. #9319
- Dataproxy: Allow grafan to renegotiate tls connection #9250
- HTTP: set net.Dialer.DualStack to true for all http clients #9367
- Alerting: Add diff and percent diff as series reducers #9386, thx @shanhuhai5739
- Slack: Allow images to be uploaded to slack when Token is precent #7175, thx @xginn8
- Opsgenie: Use their latest API instead of old version #9399, thx @cglrkn
- Table: Add support for displaying the timestamp with milliseconds #9429, thx @s1061123
- Hipchat: Add metrics, message and image to hipchat notifications #9110, thx @eloo
- Go: Grafana is now built using golang 1.9