Proxmox VMs and CTs in a drop-down menu : query issue?

grafana Version: 10.2.0
influxdb2 Version: 2.7.3-1

I’m using the template ID 18621 for my dashboard, monitoring my proxmox server (using the tutorial from its designer, if I’m not wrong). That was my sole intent originally and it’s quite good for my daily use. But I would like now to be able to select a VM from the drop-down menu at the top (“Server in the screenshot below”), and monitor them individually.

dashboard_drop_down_menu

I’ve found the variable related to “Server” and I think I might have an issue with it :

from(bucket: "${Bucket}")
  |> range(start: v.timeRangeStart, stop: v.timeRangeStop)
  |> filter(fn: (r) => 
    r._measurement == "system" and
    r.object == "nodes" )
  |> keyValues(keyColumns: ["host"])
  |> group()
  |> keep(columns: ["host"])
  |> distinct(column: "host")

I think this should have worked to see the VMs listed here but it’s not : it only returns my proxmox server “prx-obs”. So I’ve tried to create a menu to list them and came up with this from the sample query :

import "influxdata/influxdb/v1"
v1.tagValues(
    bucket: v.bucket,
    tag: "host",
    predicate: (r) => true,
    start: -1d)

That query worked (don’t ask why it uses v1 influxdb format, I have no idea) : it lists my VMs and CTs (but also unexpectedly some devices/mountpoints, which I exclude with regex), so I was able to create a menu “host” with my VMs and CTs (including the proxmox machine itself).
So 2 questions before I bore you to death (which might be too late already, sorry ^^´) :

• Does it look normal to you that I can’t list my VMs and CTs from the Server menu ?
  • From a menu “host”, how can I have a dashboard for each entry ? Should I download and linked a dashboard and then linked it to each entry ? Is this the way it works ?

Thank you for your knowledge !

I’ve made some progress (of sort) so I will answer myself … myself :

• yep, for this dashboard, my variable $server is OK. I’ve found the query I could use to display my VMs and CTs along with my proxmox server.

• I can’t find a way to have a specific dashboard for my VMs and CTs that could be called from the menu, and I’m not sure it is even possible (for now). Will mark this as solved and will try to get more precise with my future questions.