Prometheus Data

Hi
Please let me know how i can find the old data of an instance in prometheus …ie if any instance is terminated today that intsnace old data …how i can find out .
Please help us

not sure what your asking for, you want to see old prometheus data? data beyond the prometheus retention?

I want the data for the old instance(eg yesterday’s data) say which was removed today from prometheus .
How can i get old data of a server which is removed/stopped instance from prometheus.

I want the data for the old instance(eg yesterday’s data) say which was removed today from prometheus .
How can i get old data of a server which is removed/stopped instance from prometheus.

Hi Torkel
Could you please reply on it

Are you referring to a server that was being monitored by Prometheus in the past (x days ago), but now the server is terminated?

If this is the case, then as long x is not more than the retention period set for your Prometheus (by default 15 days), looking back in time or increasing the time window on your graph will bring up the time series from that server too. The time series data exists in Prometheus (until removed by retention period expiry) for all time series that was ever seen, irrespective of whether the time series is currently seen.

Thanks for the reply …but im unable to find the data in prometheus for terminated server.
Please hep me where i can see that data in prometheus

Thanks for the reply …but im unable to find the data in prometheus for terminated server.
Please hep me where i can see that data in prometheus

If your prometheus server is missing data, not sure what you want grafana to do

sujitvp understood my problem properly.

I am refering to the server that was being monitored by Prometheus in the past (x days ago), but now the server is terminated .In this situation,where can i find the data of that terminated server in PROMETHEUS (like anyother server which currently monitoring) if it is below retention period(ie below default 15 days)

Could any one help on this