Pie Chart in Grafana 7.3.1

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using? 7.3.1 on Linux x86-64 4.14.35-1818.3.3.el7uek.x86_64

• What are you trying to achieve? I need to build a pie graph pulling information from an Oracle database enterprise manager repository that shows database instances grouping by status; the pie will split and represents percentage values for:
    • green for instances up & running
    • red for instances down or unreachable
    • light blue for instances under blackout

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I have tried to create this with the target metric, but I am getting no values and it would only show it for one database. I have tried to create a custom query in several different ways, but the pie chart is always empty.

pie chart > Time Series > Custom Repository

• What happened? The pie chart remains empty

• What did you expect to happen?
    Well, I hoped it would show a problem with the sql or show a pie chart that I didn’t want or a pie chart that I did want. Any thing that would help me test this out and set up correctly.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    No error, just no data. When the same sql is run from sqlplus, I get output.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL? I reviewed the pie chart docs on grafana.

The sql attempted:

SELECT “COLLECTION_TIMESTAMP” as time_sec, data_value as status, metric_nam e as metric FROM “SYSMAN”.“EM$CURRENT_METRICS” where metric_name=‘Response’ AND target_type=‘oracle_database’ order by COLLECTION_TIMESTAMP ASC;

select start_timestamp as time_sec, availability_status_code as value, targ et_name as metric
from mgmt$availability_current
where target_type=‘oracle_database’
order by start_timestamp ASC;

SELECT c.start_timestamp as time_sec, c.availability_status_code AS Status
FROM mgmt$availability_current c, sysman.gc_manageable_entities t
WHERE t.entity_type = ‘oracle_database’
AND c.target_guid = t.entity_guid
ORDER BY c.start_timestamp ASC;

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @jennifergramling

Thanks for this very thorough topic thread and welcome to the forum!

Ok, so my first suggestion would be to upgrade to Grafana 8, which shipped with a brand new core pie chart visualization. It is much improved. You can check it out here:

https://play.grafana.org/d/ktMs4D6Mk/5-bar-charts-and-pie-charts?orgId=1

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.