How to link a field value to a column name using template variables

Hello,

I have the attached.

So I have field values coming from telegraf, they are in pairs (tx1 and tx1n, tx2 and tx2n etc) tx1 is a string/name and tx1n is the associated number.
I am trying to get the tx1 name value to be displayed at the bottom of each column which is the tx1n value.
Is there a way of filling the column name with the tx1 value using ALIAS BY or the Display Name field on the right hand side column with a variable value? Using $ to get a value always results in that being displayed as the string itself? I don’t want to create a new query for tx1 as this creates a new column in the table.

Thank you very much

Hi @tj26,

Check out this public dashboard. It is a good example of how to use template variables:

Check out the dashboard settings and see how the variable are configured. Then, edit a query and change the panel title to include a template variable, like $server:

click apply and then observe the new behavior:

CleanShot 2021-09-29 at 11.58.43

Thanks for response Matt, I know how to change the panel title using templates, it is the column names tx1, tx2 etc that I am looking to change so the column name would be ABC because variable tx1=ABC, perhaps using templates is not how to do it? Variables somehow, but not sure how to link tx1 to tx1n?
so tx1n=10, tx1=ABC so column 1 would show 10 at the top as it currently does and ABC underneath as it doesn’t…
cheers.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.