Image rendering

Hello, I’m running Grafana with timestream datasource, I want to export the dashboard as a pdf but I get a message to install the image rendering plugin. I have raspberry pi with linux version ‘armv7’, is there a supported version of this plugin? or if there another way to export the dashboard? Thank you,

Hi @jmurr,

What version of Grafana are you running on your pi?

Hello,
I’m running Grafana directly from the AWS Console “AMG”, it’s the version v7.5.2;
Thank you,
Regards,

Hi @jmurr,

OK, thank you for the extra info. My advice right now is to ask AMG support about this. I am not sure if the Image Rendering plugin is available for AMG users.

There is also an alternative to the plugin called Remote Rendering Service, but I don’t know if AMG supports this. That service requires additional infrastructure.

Hello,
Oh okay I understand, thank you for your suggestion!
Regards,

1 Like

Also,

See this related post from yesterday. Looks like AWS is working on adding additional plugin support.

That’s great !! I’ll be checking on this feature.

Thank you,
Regards,

Hi again,

I have another issue but not with the plugins. It’s about the difference in the calculation field.

I have a panel in Grafana dashboard with 2 queries, “SELECT value A” and “SELECT value B”.
In (Display>calculation): I chose ‘difference’ because I want the values between a specific timerange.
The problem is when I make a transform (add field from calculation), value A/value B, the difference applies also on that result and I don’t need that.
Is there a way to make this equation without the difference?

Thank you,
Regards,

Hi @jmurr ,

No worries. I’m trying to make this work, but so far the best I can do is split your queries into to panels.

Panel 1 = 2 queries, calculation set to difference

Panel 2 = 2 queries, calculation set to last, not null, and then add your transformation New field from calculation, binary operation, A / B, and select Replace all Fields.

(Also, I’m guessing you’re using a gauge panel panel or the stat panel?)

Another solution, which is also a more performant solution, would be to perform some of these transformations inside the database and not inside Grafana.

Does this help?

Hi,

I already tried that, but even so, it’s not working. I want to operate on the “difference values” of A and B, and not on their last values.

• A/B = 2 (last value)
  • A/B = 3 (first value)
  • A/B = -1 (because the difference applies on the transform field!)
    I’m searching for a way to do that in the data-base, but I would prefer if I can do it in grafana.
    P.S.: I’m using both a gauge and and a stat panel.

Thank you for your reply!
Regards,

Hello,
Any updates on this?!
Plus, I would like to make a panel which when I click on it, it redirects me to another dashboard. How can I do that?
Thank you,

Hi @jmurr,

Sorry, I guess I’m not clear on your goal. As far as having one dashboard redirect to another–how do you mean? What are you trying to accomplish?

Hello, thanks for replying. I already accomplished that.
However, the difference calculation is still a problem !