How to use one dashboard for multiple devices?

Hi

I recently started using Grafana, and would like to know how I do the following:
I have multiple devices, and I’d like to create dashboards for them all. The dashboard should be the same for every device, but the data of course different.

So I want to have something similar:
localhost:3000/dashboard/device1
localhost:3000/dashboard/device2
etc…

How can I do this without manually having to create a dashboard for each device?

Sorry if this is already explained somewhere, I’m having problems to explain my problem, and therefore do not know exactly what to search for

If you define a variable in Dashboard Settings/Variables. Set the type to Query, and then in the query, set the appropriate Datasource and then add a query appropriate to the datasource type. I think the query is dependent on your datasource type. For an OpenNMS-Helm-Performance datasource, my query looks like “nodeFilter(isSNMP)”

Then in your graph definition metrics, for the “Node” field you specify the variable name, so if your variable name is “node”, you specify $node in the “Node” field.

1 Like

Thanks.

I will play around with it later, when I have some spare time.

1 Like

Using variables combined with table and/or row type panels makes dashboards very powerful.

when you put in a row type panel, and then set it to repeating on a node variable, you can have a set of graphs displaying metrics from one node, and then that panel is repeated once for each node, so you end up with multiple node graphs on the same dashboard.

very useful if you’re trying to compare one or more metrics across multiple nodes.

also, you can have repeating graphs within a panel, so you can display io stats for each disk of a node, without having to know how many disks or what their names/id’s are.

1 Like

@tandeejay I also have the same problem, but the thing is that if I use variable,and when creating the alert pop-up comes which says template variables are not supported in alert queries. So how can I configure alerts for all the devices? I am using InfluxDb as my datasource

I’m not sure about InfluxDB. I think implementation of variables in queries might be part of the darasource plugin. Perhaps you should ask your question in the InfluxDB category