How to disable auto-coloring of labels in the Alert List panel

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using? Grafana OSS v8.5.1 running on RHEL 8.5

• What are you trying to achieve? I want to disable the auto-coloring of the labels in the Alert List Panel.

• How are you trying to achieve it? I looked for an option in the Panel Options, I searched the online Grafana documentation, and I googled for a solution.

• What happened? I have found no reference to the auto-coloring of labels feature of the Alert List Panel.

• What did you expect to happen? The previous version (Grafana v8.4.5) did not auto-color the labels in the Alert List Panel. I expect to be able to disable this feature in Grafana v8.5.1 as it does not help us to quickly identify specific labels, but it actually makes it more difficult for us to effectively identify the various labels associated with our alerts.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were. There are no errors.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL? No. I could not find any.

the logic for labels in the Grafana UI is such that a random color is always assigned