Grafana MYSQL query builder: point == "string" doesn't show selection menu

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    We’ve recently upgraded from v8.1 to v9.2.4

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Use the query builder for a MYSQL datasource like in v8.1

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    By using the query builder for a MYSQL datasource

• What happened?
    Since the upgrade the query builder for the MYSQL datasource was remade. The UI has been completely changed and the options for building a query via the builder seems to lack features compared to the old one.

• What did you expect to happen?
    We build Queries in the following order:
    SELECT
    $__timeGroupAlias(date,1h,NULL),
    point AS metric,
    avg(value) AS “value”
    FROM tblsql
    WHERE
    $__timeFilter(date) AND
    point = ‘desired point name’
    GROUP BY 1,2
    ORDER BY $__timeGroup(date,1h,NULL)

However when we use the query builder there seems to be no selection menu whenever I add a filter and choose ‘point’ and then click on == ‘Enter string’. In the old version whenever you’ve selected point == ‘desired point’, there would be a menu with all available points within that SQL table. Am I doing something wrong or has this feature been removed? It’s a lot of work now to make graphs on bigger projects where there are like 60+ points in a table.

Besided that it seems like we can’t select the dashboard ‘date’ timegroupalias and timefilter in the WHERE selection. If you compare the output that we want to the output by the new query builder it seems that I can’t select most options that were possible in v8.1.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    This is not necessarily a error but rather a missing feature

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    There don’t seem to be video’s about the new query builder using MYSQL as a datasource as far as I know.