Grafana displayed in PowerPoint

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Grafana 8.2
    Ubuntu 20.04

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Display the dashboard in a continuous presentation. The dashboard displays properly in the edge browser and that is the browser used by grafana as well.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    Using the WebLive plugin for powerpoint

• What happened?

• What did you expect to happen?
    To see the dashboard displayed

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were. No errors in the logs.
    Grafana

If you’re seeing this Grafana has failed to load its application files

1. This could be caused by your reverse proxy settings.

2. If you host grafana under subpath make sure your grafana.ini root_url setting includes subpath. If not using a reverse proxy make sure to set serve_from_sub_path to true.

3. If you have a local dev build make sure you build frontend using: yarn start, yarn start:hot, or yarn build

4. Sometimes restarting grafana-server can help

5. Check if you are using a non-supported browser. For more information, refer to the list of supported browsers.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL? Several from Microsoft. The WebLive plugin has a wizard it uses to configure the slide.

Hello :wave: and welcome to the forum, @bigmaneric97

I’m not familiar with the powerpoint integration. Could you point us towards some docs you referenced? In the meantime, unfortunately, you might get better support in a Microsoft / .ppt forum :+1:

Matt,

Here is the add-in I’ve been trying to use. This is where I get the error that seems to have something to do with the way Grafana is trying to proxy. This maybe due to the way the edge browser handles the page now. I was hoping someone else had tried and might have a solution. Currently I have dusted off my coding skills by trying to build a VSTO for PowerPoint that will display the link.

LiveWeb - insert and update web pages real-time in PowerPoint (mvps.org)

In talking with Grafana support they mentioned needing to have an authorized user to accomplish this. Do you know if there is a way to present credentials via the URL. This is for internal use only and the user would have view privileges only.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.