- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
- Grafana Version: v9.1.6
- OS: Kubernetes, Deployed Through Helm
- What are you trying to achieve?
- Add Elastic Search datasource through YAML format in the helm chart deployment
- How are you trying to achieve it?
# Setup Data Source (prometheus)
- name: Prometheus
- name: Elastic
- I am unable to set the indexName field
- What did you expect to happen?
- Set the indexName field in the dashboard datasource through yaml in the helm chart
- Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
database field, example:
- name: Elasticsearch
database: <index name>
I would recommend to check doc - there are some good examples usually.
You may configure datasource manually and then check response from API (/api/datasources) - that particular datasource JSON structure can be mapped to YAML tructure easily (except secrets-secureJsonData, which has special secure handling).
@jangaraj Thank You that information was really helpful
thanks @jangaraj that worked!