Current value in heatmap

I have a disk I/O metric that applies to hosts. I have created a heat map in which the X-axis is time, the y-axis is operations per second, and the color of a given heat rectangle (is that the right name?) indicates the number of hosts that are in that bucket. So far, so good. What I would like is to be able to select or click on a given rectangle and see which hosts are in that bucket. For all I know, this may be a very common thing, but if it is I’ve somehow managed to miss it. Is that possible?

Ideally, I’d click on a rectangle and bring up another graph, table, etc that has just the information for those hosts. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

That’s not possible with the built-in heatmap panel. It’s possible that someone else has contributed a heatmap panel with your requirements as a panel plugin. See official panel plugins.

I can see that there are a feature request issue for showing the series values of a bucket (color of a rectangle) when you hover it. Please upvote if you find this interesting. You can also add a feature request issue for your specific requirement.

Marcus