Change the default organisation

When I started creating dashboards I did it in a new Organisation, so now the default “Main Organisation” is empty… This is a pain when adding new users as I always have to transfer them over and get them to switch organisation before they can see anything.

Is there any way to either change the default organisation for new users, or copy all dashboards, data sources etc. I’ve created back into the Main Organisation?

2 Likes

interested as well!
in the grafana.ini is specified:

Set to true to automatically assign new users to the default organization (id 1)

auto_assign_org = true

and

specify organization name that should be used for unauthenticated users

org_name = Main Org.

but I have no clue of how (or where) to change the ids of the organizations :frowning:

1 Like

Having the same issue. Our users are authenticated so we can’t use org_name = Main Org.

I’m still looking for a way to switch which org is the “main”. However to fix your immediate problem, you could just change the auto_assign_org_id from 1 to 2 and that would have any of your newly created users auto added to your second org. Just verify your “new” Organization ID is 2. I’ve done this as my situation was similar. If using environment config that value is GF_USERS_AUTO_ASSIGN_ORG_ID