Can't find output of console.log called from scripted dashboard

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide on this.
This is a showstopper for me – can’t really proceed with scripted dashboard without this.
I’m troubleshooting a larger problem, and can’t make progress on it without console.log.

I’ve added a single logging statement as the 2nd last line of /usr/app/grafana-4.3.2/public/dashboards/scripted.js

console.log('Hello world!');
return dashboard;

…the scripted dashboard renders correctly, but I can’t find Hello world! in any log anywhere.

I have enabled this:
# Log web requests
router_logging = true

…that correctly shows the following output with my modified scripted.js, see below.
But still no “Hello world!”

t=2017-07-19T10:53:13-0500 lvl=info msg="Request Completed" logger=context userId=1 orgId=1 uname=admin method=GET path=/dashboard/script/scripted.js status=200 remote_addr=10.132.214.119 time_ms=13 size=11133
t=2017-07-19T10:53:13-0500 lvl=info msg="Request Completed" logger=context userId=1 orgId=1 uname=admin method=GET path=/api/tsdb/testdata/random-walk status=200 remote_addr=10.132.214.119 time_ms=14 size=61722

Thanks again.

Still can’t get console.log to write to log file, but I found a away around it.
I captured the error in a try/catch like this:

var error = ‘uninit’;
try {
dbGetTestIdsAndTimes(“jmeter”,“CeB”,“jmeter.a.avg”);
} catch (err) {
console.log("##### Exception: " + err);
error = err;
}

…and then later assigned “error” to the title of the dashboard that was rendered.

javascript console.log logs to browser javascript console (open browser dev tools to access js console)

Torkel, that worked great, thanks. Would be nice to start a wiki/FAQ page or similar for development of scripted dashboards…and this would be helpful for that page. Suggestions on where we could keep that page?
–Erik